We are working on an image using both paint and collage to create multi-pattern portraits of animals within a selected color scheme.
For our next production assignment, we will be using animal imagery. You will need a 4x6 reference photograph for this. Find an image, and then follow the directions in the video below. To print the image, follow the steps below the video to be sure it prints as a 4x6 image.
For a full screen version on the video, click on this link. it will take you through:
1. Cropping the image to a 4x6 image. (be sure to change the aspect ratio first.)
2. Then click adjustment and desaturate
3. Then click adjustment and posterize (be sure to make it have 4 layers)
When you are done, be sure to save the image to your number. (click This PC if you can't find your number)
Then, when you are ready to print,
1. open up your number
2. click on your edited photo
3. click Share at the top of the window
4. click print
5. click 4x6
If students finish the animal portrait early, they will be adding color to our unity altered book pages that we began last week. The color will be added with marker and then blended with water to achieve a watercolor look.