Today, we will be going to the lab to work on uploading images onto our Weebly Blogs. If you don't have your pages on your blog yet, be sure to include that first! The directions for creating a blog and adding pages is located above.
Be sure to have the following pages on your blog:
- My Art (These are the production grades from class)
- Sketchbooks (These are your homework assignments or thumbnail sketches you create in class.)
- Other Artwork (These are previous artworks, artworks you do on your own time or in NAHS can be featured on this page.)
Next, begin uploading photos onto your weebly blog. See how in the steps below:
Things to think about when taking photos: Be sure you have good quality photos, they are completely strait (not at an angle), they are cropped with no extra space around the edges. (see good vs. bad quality photos below)
- First take photos of all your artwork with your device. (see the list of what to take below.)
- Next, save your photos to your edmodo backpack, or transfer over photos directly from your device to the computer. (we have found that this works best.)---to see how, see the video at the end of this post, or click on this link.
- Then open up your weebly blog on a computer. Sign in here.
- Once you are in the weebly blog editor, click and drag the image icon to your "my art" page. You will then be able to upload an image from your computer. (from the edmodo backpack)
- Be sure to add a tile for each image using the "Title" icon that you will also click and drag to your page.
- If you would like to add your own commentary about each image, you may do so using the "text" icon.
Here is the list of what photos you should be adding to your blog:
- Exotic Environment (should be put on the "my Art" page)
- Both Value Marshmallow images black AND white (should be put on the "my Art" page)
- Any COMPLETED altered book pages (should be put on the "my Art" page)
- Sketchbook covers; front AND back (these should be put on the "Sketchbook" page of your blog)
- Photograph all of your sketchbook assignments thus far and put them on the "Sketchbook page"
- Picasso Portrait (should be on the "More/Other Art" page)
- Any other artwork that you have done outside of class, for art contests, or in previous art classes can be added to your "More/Other Art" page.
Below, you can see a video demo of how to add images to your weebly blog. For a full-screen version, click on this link!!
How to upload images from your device using a cord:
2. Type in "This PC"
3. The finder window will come up and you can look under devices and drives.
4. Find your device and click on it. (if you have an apple iPhone, you will have to click "allow" on your device.
5. Search for your images.
6. Click and drag your images to your student ID number on the left side of the window.