It's after Thanksgiving! That means it's almost time for #CarveDecember! 🎉
WHAT: Every day in December we carve a stamp and post it online.
WHO: Everyone is welcome to join. New stamp carvers will develop their skills quickly and experienced stamp carvers will sharpen those skills. Everyone will connect with new friends!
NEW: You've asked and so I've answered. Here is a list of 31 prompts which you are welcome to use to help shape your daily carving. If you're not a prompt person, don't feel obligated to use the list.
HOW: Post a photo of the stamp you've carved to your instagram account. Use the hashtag #CarveDecember so that everyone in the group can find what you've done. In my experience, the #CarveDecember crew is warm and generous.
Let me know if you have any questions! And feel free to repost this image!
Kick in the Creatives:
“Quick Kicks” are our monthly creative challenges that you can complete in 15 minutes or less per day.
For ‘Quick Kick December’ let’s make it festive!
We are challenging you to sketch something ‘festive’ every day throughout the month of December. By sketching on a daily basis, your drawing skills will steadily improve, along with your hand-eye coordination.
- You should create one festive sketch every day.
- You should aim to complete your sketch in one session of 15 minutes or less. This ensures that you notice the important elements of the subject and that you don’t get lost in detail.
- We will provide optional prompts, but feel free to do your own thing
- Don’t forget to link back to us and tag us at the end of your post (details are shown below) We might even link back to your best picture on our own!
For ‘Digital Art December’ We are challenging you to create and share a piece of digital art, every day throughout the month of December.
Your piece of art can be made using any digital tool you like, including the following:
- A camera
- Any computer software
- A video camera
- A tablet
- HAVE FUN!!!
- You should complete and post one piece of digital art every day throughout the month of December
- You should not post old work. Only post work created during the challenge
- Don’t forget to link and tag us in your post (details shown below) We might even feature your digital art on our blog!