Christmas in Marietta Design ChallengeThe Christmas in Marietta Design Challenge is presented in partnership with the Marietta Visitors Bureau. Submissions are open now, and will be accepted through October 25. The Marietta Visitors Bureau and Marietta Arts Council are seeking artists to design an image for this year’s Christmas in Marietta Design Challenge. The top five selected designs will be put in the running to be voted on by the community to decide the winner, and will be used on t-shirts and other merchandise for sale at the Marietta Welcome Center during the holiday season as a fundraiser for both the Marietta Welcome Center and the Marietta Arts Council. The design should be mindful of traditions in Marietta for the holidays. Please read below for all submission requirements.
The purpose of the contest is to design an image to be used for merchandise in celebration of the holidays in Marietta. The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise, and other visual collateral. Following are the official contest rules:
- All professional and amateur artists are invited to enter the competition.
- Artists are not required to live in the state of Georgia.
- Individuals or teams may submit no more than two entries (a separate Entry Form must accompany each submission).
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of the Marietta Visitors Bureau. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the board of directors of the Marietta Visitors Bureau.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- The Marietta Visitors Bureau reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the design challenge.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
- Please note: artwork featuring sexually explicit or violent imagery will not be accepted.
To enter the Christmas in Marietta Design Challenge, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form below.
- Create a logo design in .jpeg, .psd or PDF formats (if you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, October 25, 2019.
A Selection Committee comprised of members of the Marietta Visitors Bureau and the Marietta Arts Council will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Relevance – Does the entry align with the brand and identity of life in Marietta?
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
About the Marietta Visitors Bureau
The mission of the Marietta Visitors Bureau is to promote Marietta as a tourism destination with an emphasis on cultural and recreational tourism, thereby increasing overnight visitation by reinvesting visitor generated tax dollars into messages and services targeted exclusively to the visitor.
Learn more at www.visitmariettaga.com
About the Marietta Arts Council
Marietta Arts Council, Inc. is a volunteer-based Georgia nonprofit group working in the City of Marietta to enrich the artistic and cultural landscape of the City of Marietta through advocacy, education, and public art.
Learn more at www.mariettaartscouncil.com
Artist RegistryApply today to be a part of the #mariettaartscene
The Marietta Arts Council invites all local and out of state artists to apply to be a part of the bourgeoning arts scene in the City of Marietta!
The Marietta Arts Council is currently accepting proposals for artists, as well as locations for artworks on private properties, both residential and commercial. See below for specific art types the Council is accepting.
- Mural Installations: 2D Visual Artists working on a variety of sized walls to install painted or printed artworks. Artworks can be approved to stay installed between 1 year and 5 years.
- Sculpture Tour: 3D Artists loaning artwork to be a part of the Marietta Sculpture Tour (up to 6 months) or selling site-specific artwork installations to the City of Marietta
- Performers: All forms of performer, including but not limited to theatre, dance, musicians and bands, acrobats, aerialists. The Arts Council is looking especially for performers who actively live and work in the Metro Atlanta Area. Performers are needed for the annual events, TrailFest in May and the Marietta Arts Gala in October. Rolling openings are available at the monthly Marietta Square First Friday Artwalk.
ARTIST REGISTRY FORM