- Draw 3 BLIND contour drawings of random objects around the room. Try to have your lines overlap one another if possible. (5 minutes)
- Choose 3 colors to stick with throughout and use those in watercolor to “map out” sections of space using your contour lines as a guide. (10 minutes)
- Collage large, ripped paper onto the surface to add texture and further define your focal point. (use modge podge or glue water) (10 minutes)
- Add 3 textures using acrylic paint and texture items. Use your color scheme from earlier and/or collage textures strait to the surface.
- Texture 1 (8 minutes)
- Texture 2 (8 minutes)
- Texture 3 (8 minutes)
- Add pattern with line quality or stamping using oil pastel, acrylic paint, or colored pencils. (15 minutes)
- Finalize anything that needs more work with values, more textures, more paint, etc. (10 minutes)
Each of your Altered Book Assignmebnts will need to include visual journaling techniques. This is a way to include mulitple LAYERS in every Altered Book artwork you create. Today, we will review how to use Visual Journaling techniques in a fun, easy way.
To make your visual journal successful, you will have to do the following: